We received the feedback from our interim crit this week and here’s a couple of points that came up for The Bike Shed:
Good points –
- faithful representation of your mock up
- new logo looks good
Things that could improve –
- use sample products in the shop section instead of a comprehensive list
- not good to have a scrollbar within a scrollbar; allow the content to define its own height
- maybe swap first two images over or have the offer outside the grid as a sticker or something similar
- black border on the outside a bit too much – (bring back the colour borders!)
- play around with the background to make it more subtle
So I’ve had a pretty busy week! I think I’ve probably re-designed my site at least three times and almost settled on a one-page scroller then realised that it might not be the best idea for the website so had to re-design it again…arghh!
Finally settled on a design though which tries to incorporate as much of the feedback as possible. There’s still a few things I’m not sure about and need to work on, but the site does feel less busy and a little less childish.